- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
DreamWorks and Parkes/ MacDonald Prods. have acquired the spec script “Tester” by first-time scribe Colin Trevorrow.
The story centers on a young war veteran suffering from post- traumatic stress disorder who is recruited for a secret clinical trial that promises to cure his symptoms. He soon discovers that the chip implanted in his brain is not medicine — it is advanced neurotechnology designed to control his body as a weapon of war.
Walter Parkes and Laurie MacDonald are producing.
Aditya Sood brought the script into the DreamWorks-based Parkes/MacDonald Prods.
DreamWorks’ David Beaubaire and Chloe Dan are shepherding the project on behalf of president of production Adam Goodman.
Trevorrow, who graduated from NYU Film School, most recently began work on his first television project, “Gary: Under Crisis,” which he sold to Touchstone and Shady Acres with co-writers and fellow NYU grads Daniel Klein and Derek Connolly.
He is repped by UTA, manager Greg Walter at 3 Arts Entertainment and attorney Peter Grossman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day