- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Creative Artists Agency has signed The Weeknd in all areas worldwide.
The Canadian singer, songwriter and record producer, born Abel Makkonen Tesfaye, is eyeing new partnerships and ventures via his tie-up with the Hollywood agency.
“Abel, Sal and their team are as ambitious in their thinking as we are, clearly seeing the special opportunities they have, both in building their business to new heights and having a meaningful cultural impact,” CAA’s Christian Carino said in a statement. The Weeknd is managed by Wassim “Sal” Slaiby and Amir “Cash” Esmailian.
Having just performed during the Super Bowl LV halftime show on Feb. 7, The Weeknd has earned three Grammy Awards, 10 Juno Awards, five American Music Awards, nine Billboard Music Awards and has been nominated for an Academy Award. He began his recording career in 2010, anonymously uploading several songs to YouTube.
A year later, The Weeknd released the mixtapes House of Balloons, Thursday and Echoes of Silence, and quickly earned a following and critical recognition for his dark style of R&B. His hit singles “Blinding Lights” and “Save Your Tears” are riding high on the Billboard charts.
The Weeknd also plans a return to the concert stage with his After Hours World Tour to kick off in January 2022.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day