- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
COLOGNE, Germany — German TV industry legend Helmut Thoma, the former head of leading commercial channel RTL, has joined the jury for the 2008 Golden Camera awards.
The Golden Cameras, a gala honoring the best in German and international television, film and pop music, on Wednesday announced several prominent names to join its 2008 jury.
In addition to Thoma, the jury for the 43rd annual Golden Camera awards will include TV director and two-time Golden Camera winner Dieter Wedel; television journalist and talk show host Maybrit Illner; TV personality Jorg Pilawa; and actress Vera Tschechowa — a German film prizewinner for Herbert Vesely’s “The Bread of Those Early Years” (1962).
Together with six members from Golden Camera sponsor, TV listings magazine Horzu, the jury will choose the winners for what is one of Germany’s best-known awards shows.
Thomas Gottschalk, the presenter of top-rated entertainment show “Wanna … Bet?” will host the Golden Camera gala Feb. 6 in Berlin.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day