- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
WASHINGTON — Marlo Thomas wants holiday shoppers to set aside a little of the money they’re spending on holiday shopping and donate it to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, founded by her father, Danny Thomas.
“So many moms and dads come up to me and say that their child wouldn’t be alive if it wasn’t for St. Jude. Not just because of the research that we’re doing there, but because they couldn’t have afforded it,” Thomas said in a segment recorded for “This Week” on ABC and aired on Sunday.
“When people go out shopping, they should look for the green magnifying glass. It signifies that we never stop looking for cures. And when the associate at the store says, ‘Would you like to add something for the kids at St. Jude?’, add something. Add $1, add $2. Add whatever you can afford,” she said.
Thomas, 67, is married to Phil Donahue. She starred in the 1960s TV series “That Girl” and had a recurring role on “Friends.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day