- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Columbia Pictures has acquired a film pitch by screenwriter Sarah Thorp for an action thriller to be produced by Original Film’s Neal H. Moritz.
The story centers on a bounty hunter hired to track and bring back his ex-wife. Moritz fell for the idea of a troubled relationship at the core of a movie surrounded by humor and action.
Madhouse Entertainment’s Robyn Meisinger, who reps Thorp, will executive produce.
Original’s Ori Marmur brought the project in and will oversee.
Moritz’s upcoming films include Columbia’s thriller “Vantage Point” and the Patrick Dempsey romantic comedy “Made of Honor” as well as the Steve Carell comedy “Evan Almighty” and “I Am Legend,” starring Will Smith.
Thorp, who wrote the Ashley Judd thriller “Twisted,” has kept her typewriter aimed at television for the past several years, having written the pilots “Crazy,” which starred Lara Flynn Boyle, for UPN, and “Fat Friends,” for Fox.
Thorp additionally is repped by CAA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day