- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Cam Gigandet, Shane West and Rachael Leigh Cook are in negotiations to star in “Kerosene Cowboys,” an action thriller that Mario Van Peebles will direct for Svarog-Afterburner Films.
Based on a novel by Randy Arrington, the tale follows the pilots of an elite Navy attack squadron. Gigandet will star as a hot-shot pilot, West plays his one-time best friend-turned-nemesis, and Cook will play an investigative journalist and Gigandet’s love interest.
First-time scribe Adam Prince wrote the screenplay from a story by Dave Riggs and Nickolai Susby, who are producing via Svarog-Afterburner.
The Collective’s Shaun Redick and Ray Mansfield packaged the film, and Redick will executive produce. Mansfield is co-producing alongside Afterburner’s Sophia Russo. Bob Yari also will executive produce.
The producers are in negotiations with several companies for distribution.
The movie is eyeing shoots in St. Petersburg, Russia, and the Naval Air Station Fallon in Nevada in October. Arrangements are being made for access to military hardware in the U.S. and Russia, with plans involving use of actual MiGs and Sukhoi aircraft. (partialdiff)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day