- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Patricia Heaton, Treat Williams and Jimmy Wolk have been tapped to star in “Front of the Class,” a Hallmark Hall of Fame presentation for CBS.
The drama is based on the true story of Brad Cohen (Wolk), who was challenged with Tourette syndrome from a young age but defied all odds to become a gifted teacher. He was ridiculed in school because of his condition, until the school principal used the school assembly to educate the faculty and students about Tourette syndrome.
Heaton and Williams play Brad’s parents.
Peter Werner is directing the telefilm, which has begun production in Shreveport, La. The script was written by Tom Rickman based on the book by Cohen with Lisa Wysocky.
Brent Shields and Tim Shriver are the exec producers; Andrew Gottlieb is the producer.
Emmy winner Heaton, who also has appeared in the CBS telefilms “A Town Without Christmas” and “Miracle in the Woods,” recently starred on the Fox comedy “Back to You.” She is repped by CAA and attorney William Skrzyniarz. Williams, recently seen in “What Happens in Vegas,” is repped by WMA and One Talent Management. Wolk (“The Spiral Project”) is with CESD and Greenlight Management. (partialdiff)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day