- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
BERLIN – The white whale and the Colorado Kid were the big sellers for Tele-Munchen Group’s TM International, with the group closing multiple territory deals on big-budget mini-series Moby Dick starring William Hurt and Ethan Hawke and Haven, the Syfy mystery series based on Stephen King’s story The Colorado Kid.
Mediallion Media in Japan and HBO in Poland harpooned Moby Dick with Carmen Video picking up rights for the CIS territories. In the U.S., Moby Dick aired on the Starz/Encore network.
Public network RAI in Italy picked up the first season of Haven with a further deal with Leopolis for CIS. TM International also renewed its deal with Universal Networks for the third season of the mystery skein starring Emily Rose, Lucas Bryant and Eric Balfour.
Another strong seller was TMG’s miniseries adapted from the best-selling novels of British author Rosamunde Pilcher, which was picked up by Soulmedia in Scandinavia, Spain’s Antena 3 and Universal in Australia. TM International also inked a library package deal with DT Productions for CIS which includes multiple film titles, among them Terminator 2 and Basic Instinct.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day