- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
BERLIN – TNT Deutschland, Turner Broadcasting’s German subsidiary, will double its output of local-language productions next year, focusing on female and lifestyle programming for the German versions of channels TNT Film, TNT Series, Boomerang, newly launched femme-channel Glitz and the Cartoon Network.
TNT has hired Andrea Gunther and Sascha Kunth to bump up its Local Productions unit, reporting to TNT program director Anke Greifeneder.
Starting next year, TNT will also air the first ever German series produced exclusively for pay-TV. The dramedy Add a Friend from Munich production house Wiedemann & Berg (The Lives of Others) begins shooting early January for broadcast on TNT in Spring/Summer 2012.
TNT Deutschland channel boss Hannes Heyelmann says more German series are planned. The network plans to invest several million Euros in local programming next year with the goal of doubling its output of in-house content.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day