- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
William Fichtner has been tapped as the lead in TNT’s drama pilot “Night and Day.”
Also cast in the project is “ER” alumna Sherry Stringfield.
Written and executive produced by “24” co-creator Joel Surnow and Todd Robinson, “Night” is a fast-paced, gritty drama about the life of Dan Hollister (Fichtner), an agent with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms who works for a special threat-intervention task force.
Stringfield will play Dan’s wife and emotional anchor Elizabeth, a stay-at-home mom.
For Fichtner, “Night” is in second position to Fox’s “Prison Break,” where he plays FBI Agent Alexander Mahone. Surnow’s relationship with 20th TV, which produces “24” and “Prison,” helped Fichtner land the “Night” role.
On “Prison,” Fichtner doesn’t have a deal beyond this season. For now, there are no plans to kill off Mahone, though the series is known for quickly knocking off its characters.
Fichtner is repped by WMA and Brillstein Entertainment. Stringfield, who recurred on HBO’s “Tell Me You Love Me,” is repped by APA.
The “Night” castings follow TNT inking Jada Pinkett Smith for its drama pilot “Time Heals.” (partialdiff)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day