- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TNT has renewed “Raising the Bar” and “Saving Grace,” giving 15-episode pickups to each drama series.
The renewal of the legal drama “Bar” comes only three weeks after its premiere, which broke records for a series debut on ad-supported cable (7.7 million). After three episodes, it is averaging 5.5 million viewers. “Bar,” which finishes its first season in November, will return next year.
“Bar,” from Steven Bochco and ABC Studios, stars Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Gloria Reuben and Jane Kaczmarek and follows the lives and cases of young lawyers as well as those who sit in judgment on their cases. It airs at 10 p.m. Mondays.
The cop-themed “Grace” was given a third-season pickup after averaging 4.4 million viewers over the summer. The series, from Nancy Miller and Fox Television Studios, stars Holly Hunter as an Oklahoma City police detective. It wraps its second season early next year, with the third season set to bow later in 2009.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day