- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jonathan Kier has been promoted at Sierra/Affinity to president of sales and distribution. The exec, who will continue to work together with Sierra/Affinity principals Nick Meyer, Marc Schaberg and Marc Butan, was previously executive vp of sales at the group.
“Over the last three plus years, Jonathan’s contributions have been invaluable to Sierra/Affinity, as we’ve greatly expanded our business,” said Meyer and Schaberg. “His knowledge and passion for movies, the international film industry, combined with his sales acumen, make him the perfect executive to lead us through our next wave of growth.”
Kier’s duties will include selling international rights to Sierra/Affinity’s slate of third-party films and to act as the exclusive sales agent for films developed and produced by OddLot Entertainment, Bold Films, Sidney Kimmel Entertainment, Focus Features, Sierra Pictures and Incentive Filmed Entertainment.
Sierra/Affinity is in Toronto hawking two of the market’s hottest presale titles: Demolition, from Dallas Buyers Club director Jean-Marc Vallee starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Naomi Watts; and The Duff, a teen comedy to star Mae Whitman and Robbie Amell.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day