- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Katy Mixon, John Hawkes and Andrew Daly have been tapped to co-star opposite co-creator Danny McBride in HBO’s comedy pilot “East Bound and Down.”
The project, from Will Ferrell and Adam McKay’s Gary Sanchez Prods., centers on Kenny Powers (McBride), a burned-out former professional baseball pitcher who returns to his small Southern hometown, where the only job he can find is as a substitute gym teacher.
Mixon (“Blind Dating”) will play Kenny’s high school girlfriend, now a teacher at the school and engaged to the principal (Daly). Hawkes (HBO’s “Deadwood”) will play Kenny’s brother.
“East Bound” was written by Jody Hill, Ben Best and McBride.
Hill will direct the pilot, which Ferrell, McKay and Chris Henchy are executive producing.
Mixon is repped by Endeavor and manager Larry Taube of Principal Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day