- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK — Jeanne Tripplehorn, Sigourney Weaver and J.K. Simmons are joining actor Tim Allen in his directorial debut, the ex-con comedy “Crazy on the Outside.”
Allen will play a newly released prisoner who tries to persuade his single-mom parole officer (Tripplehorn) to date him. His struggle to rebuild his life is further complicated by a loving but manipulative older sister (Weaver) and her sarcastic, taunting husband (Simmons).
Ray Liotta, Kelsey Grammer and Julie Bowen also star in the film, which reunites Allen with his “Galaxy Quest” co-star Weaver and draws some parallels to his own experience as an ex-con. (He served time for cocaine possession.)
Judd Pillot and John Peaslee penned the screenplay.
Brett Gregory, Brian Reilly and Anastasia Stanecki are producing the independently financed feature for Allen’s Boxing Cat Prods. Richard Baker and Justin Moritt are executive producing.
Tripplehorn (HBO’s “Big Love”) is repped by Gersh and Brillstein Entertainment Partners. Weaver is repped by UTA. Simmons (“Juno”) is repped by Gersh.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day