- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Todd Wagner and Mark Cuban’s Truly Indie distribution program will handle the theatrical release of “Broken,” a drug-addiction drama starring Heather Graham, Jeremy Sisto, Jake Busey, Tess Harper and Linda Hamilton.
Graham plays Hope, an aspiring musician who moves to Hollywood to find success but ends up working the overnight shift at a run-down diner. She develops with junkie boyfriend (Sisto) a relationship as addictive as the heroin they share. Busey, Harper and Hamilton play some of the seedy Los Angeles denizens she encounters along the way.
Australian director Alan White’s first American film premiered at November’s AFI Film Fest. The producers on “Broken” are Brian R. Etting and Walk on the Beach Prods.’ Jerry Wayne, who also financed the project. White’s feature credits include “Risk” and “Erskineville Kings.”
Truly Indie will release “Broken” on Oct. 5 in New York, followed by distribution in Los Angeles and three other cities during the month.
The deal was negotiated by Wayne with Truly Indie executive director Kelly Sanders and head of business and legal affairs Jason Janego.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Sony Pictures Entertainment
Women in Entertainment