- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
PASADENA — Sci Fi Channel has given the green light to a new globe-trekking adventure series titled “Destination Truth.”
The six-episode weekly reality show features Josh Gates, described as a world adventurer and “eager truth-seeker,” visiting a different destination every week with his small crew of production buddies. Each destination is said to be home to supernatural, mysterious stories — such as the Fire Worm of Mongolia and the Chilean Chupacabra — that Gates will set out to either prove or debunk by talking to witnesses and experts and immersing himself in the local culture.
The hourlong series is executive produced by Neil and Michael Mandt for their Mandt Bros. Prods., whose credits include ESPN’s “Beg, Borrow & Deal” and “Jim Rome Is Burning,” Pax’s “Speed Dating” and E! Entertainment Television’s “My Crazy Life.” The Mandt brothers were repped by Rebel Entertainment Partners and attorney Todd Stern in the “Truth” deal.
“Truth” is in production for a second-quarter premiere. Sci Fi had originally said that the show was in development as part of an overall slate unveiled in April.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day