- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO — The Sports Network, Canada’s cable sports channel, on Monday said it has reached an agreement with Disney’s ESPN that will allow Canadian advertisers to simultaneously buy online ads on ESPN.com and TSN.ca.
Toronto-based TSN said that all Canadian ads bought for ESPN.com will be geo-gated to Canada only, so only Canadians can view them.
Canadian advertisers will be able to post leader boards, skyscrapers and flash ads, among other buys, on ESPN.com
TSN executives were not available for comment at press time. But TSN president Phil King said in a statement that pairing ESPN.com with TSN.ca to create one-stop shopping will enable advertisers to “grow and extend their brands,” while targeting sports fans more efficiently.
The ESPN.com Web site is popular with Canadians. TSN.com receives about 2.3 million hits monthly, while ESPN.com receives approximately 1.3 million monthly visits by Canadians, according to Internet audience measurement firm Media Metrix.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day