- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Showtime’s “The Tudors” ended its second season on a regal note.
The drama series averaged 852,000 total viewers at 9 p.m. Sunday, according to Nielsen Media Research. That’s an 83% increase over the first-season finale, which drew 465,000 viewers at 10 p.m. June 10, 2007, and an 11% increase over the Season 2 premiere, which averaged 768,000 viewers at 9 p.m. March 30.
The telecast ranks as the second-most-watched episode for the show, behind the April 1, 2007, series premiere (870,000).
A repeat airing of “Tudors” at 11 p.m. Sunday averaged 210,000 viewers. Combined, the 9 and 11 p.m. telecasts brought in 1.1 million viewers.
“Tudors” is set to go into production on Season 3 this month for a spring premiere.
Meanwhile, the MTV Movie Awards averaged 3 million viewers from 8-10 p.m. Sunday, off 17% from last year’s installment (3.6 million). (partialdiff)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day