- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
3D Entertainment and McKinney Underwater Prods. are producing a 3-D documentary with the working title “Oceans 3D: Voyage of a Turtle.”
The film will be one of the earliest feature-length docus to be lensed digitally for digital-cinema theatrical release.
Directed by Jean-Jacques Mantello and produced by his brother, Francois, “Oceans 3D” tells the story of Aris the sea turtle who embarks on a journey across the oceans in search of the origin of mysterious, far away calls.
The Mantello brothers are the heads of 3D Entertainment. McKinney’s Gavin McKinney serves as director of photography.
“Oceans 3D” is based on an original script developed by Jacques Attali and written by Pierre Alain de Garrigues and Elisabeth Mantello. It will feature an original score by Christophe Jacquelin.
“We spent over 1,200 hours in the water to capture 200 hours of what we believe is exceptional footage,” Francois Mantello said. (partialdiff)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day