- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
No ratings fireworks on the fourth
CBS and NBC aired dueling fireworks displays Friday. The shows tied for first place, though both NBC’s “Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular” (5.6 million total viewers, 1.1 rating/6 share in adults 18-49) at 9 p.m. and CBS’ “Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular” (6 million, 1.1/5) at 10 p.m. were down significantly from last year.
Murphy project out
It’s the end of the road for Ryan Murphy’s transsexual drama “Pretty/Handsome,” starring Joseph Fiennes as a family man who decides to get a sex change. The project was developed for FX, which ordered it to pilot. In March, the cable network passed on it, and producer 20th Century Fox TV’s efforts to find a new outlet were unsuccessful.
Canadian TV executive Gerry Noble has replaced former CBS president Jeff Sagansky as CEO of Peace Arch Entertainment, effective July 21.
NBC.com is setting up a special forum where parents who participated in its new reality show “The Baby Borrowers” can address critics who have complained that the parents are endangering their children.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day