- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This “New Moon” is rising early.
Advance tickets sales for Summit Entertainment’s sequel vampire romance “The Twilight Saga: New Moon” are going so well that online tickers are starting to report sellouts of the earliest showtimes at many locations.
Nine weeks prior to the film’s Nov. 20 release, MovieTickets is reporting more than a dozen “New Moon” performances as complete sellouts.
A Fandango spokesman said “New Moon” represents 57% of its recent ticket sales, with sellouts at 50 locations. By comparison, the coming weekend’s anticipated No. 1 pic — Sony’s 3D animated feature “Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs” — is the next most popular choice of purchasers at 9% of all Fandango sales.
Also this week, MovieTickets asked visitors to its Web site which holiday release they are most anticipating. A total 67% of respondents said Fox’s 3D sci-fi actioner “Avatar,” which unspools Dec. 18 but also has been selling tickets to its earliest showtimes; 33% said “New Moon.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day