- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rosario Dawson and Steve Coogan will run the underworld in Fox 2000’s Greek mythology-infused adventure “Percy Jackson.”
Chris Columbus is directing the adaptation of Rick Riordan’s best-selling fantasy adventure book series that includes the world-saving quest of Poseidon’s half-human son, Percy, in modern America.
Catherine Keener, Pierce Brosnan, Uma Thurman, Sean Bean, Kevin McKidd, Melina Kanakaredes, Logan Lerman, Alexandra Daddario and Brandon T. Jackson already have been cast.
Coogan will play the nefarious Hades, and Dawson will play his imprisoned wife, Persephone, who has a flirtation with Grover (Jackson), Percy’s best friend. Only the role of Ares, god of war, has not been cast.
The film, which Columbus and Craig Titley adapted from the first book in the series, “The Lightning Thief,” is shooting in Vancouver for a Feb. 12 release.
Dawson, repped by ICM and Untitled, most recently starred in “Seven Pounds” and “Eagle Eye.”
Coogan, repped by UTA and 3 Arts, recently appeared in “Tropic Thunder” and “Hamlet 2.” (partialdiff)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day