- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Elijah Wood and Robin Williams are in negotiations to reprise their roles as lead voices in “Happy Feet 2,” Warner Bros.’ sequel to Village Roadshow’s 2006 Oscar-winning animated hit. George Miller is back in the director’s chair.
Wood is reprising Mumble, the penguin who can’t sing but can dance the tuxedo off of any waddler around him.
Williams is back as (what else?) the hyper-acting and wise-cracking penguin Ramon; he also voices Lovelace.
Miller wrote the new script, whose details are being kept on ice. Animal Logic again is producing the animation.
The actors will travel to Australia in late January/early February to record the voice tracks.
The original “Feet” grossed almost $198 million at the domestic boxoffice, winning a slew of awards and landing on numerous year top 10 lists.
Wood, repped by WME and Brillstein Entertainment Partners, recently wrapped the ensemble indie drama “The Romantics,” with Katie Holmes, Anna Paquin and Adam Brody. He voice also was heard in the animated fantasy “9.”
Williams is onscreen in Disney’s “Old Dogs” and is attached to star in the studio’s comedy “Wedding Banned.” He is repped by CAA and MBST Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day