- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The photographer behind Beyonce’s September 2018 Vogue cover, Tyler Mitchell, has signed with UTA.
The 25-year-old Brooklyn-based artist made history as the first black photographer and one of the youngest people ever to shoot a cover of American Vogue in the magazine’s 126-year history when he was only 23. A portrait from the series was acquired by the Smithsonian’s National Portrait Gallery for its permanent collection the following year.
Mitchell has shot for brands and publications that include Comme des Garçons, Uniqlo, Calvin Klein, Teen Vogue, Prada and Apple, among others, and has a show, I Can Make You Feel Good, currently on display at the International Center of Photography in New York. He is a recipient of the Gordon Parks Foundation fellowship and was named to Forbes‘ 30 Under 30 list.
A graduate of NYU Tisch School of the Arts, majoring in film and television production, Mitchell has directed music videos for artists like Brockhampton and Abra, as well as commercials for brands like American Eagle. UTA hopes to assist in his expansion into narrative film and television.
Mitchell continues to be repped by Art Partner for photography and Frankfurt Kurnit.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day