- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Paramount has teamed with game publisher Ubisoft and in-game advertising company Massive on an in-game scavenger hunt promoting the Aug. 13 theatrical release of “Tropic Thunder.”
Leveraging the online connectivity of the Xbox 360, Massive and Paramount are adding the “Tropic” scavenger hunt into Xbox 360 versions of Ubisoft’s “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Vegas 2” — in some cases months after consumers purchased the multimillion-selling game released in March.
“This is taking our in-game advertising campaigns to the next level by making them interactive and actionable,” said Amy Powell, Paramount senior vp interactive marketing.
The promotion provides gamers with a series of clues in the game. Everyone who completes the scavenger hunt receives an invitation to join Ubisoft’s VIP club, the chance to download a free digital VIP map for “Rainbow Six” and entry into two prize drawings. (partialdiff)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day