- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
UIP Panama GM Jose “Pepe” Victoria will be honored for outstanding achievement in international distribution at ShowEast 2009.
Victoria will be feted Oct. 26 at a luncheon on the opening day of the four-day exhibition confab at the Orlando World Center Marriott.
“At UIP Panama, Pepe has played a key role in bringing both Paramount’s and Universal’s films to the Latin American market,” ShowEast managing director Robert Sunshine said.
Victoria began his career with United Artists Panama, later moving to Fox in film sales and subsequently to UIP Panama, where he became a sales manager with territories in Central America and the Caribbean in the mid-1980s. He later moved into home entertainment as GM of Central American home video operations at Warner Bros., Paramount and Universal.
Victoria subsequently moved to Peru to take the UIP GM position in the territory. Six years later, he returned to his native Panama, where he assumed his current duties in 1997.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Film and TV Tax Credits
Visual Effects Society