- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Universal Pictures and Imagine Entertainment are teaming for the comedy “Coma Boy,” which is based on a pitch by CAA assistant Ben Dey.
Brian Grazer is producing through his Universal-based shingle, and Kim Barker (“License to Wed”) is in negotiations to pen the screenplay.
Grazer allows CAA assistants to pitch him once a year, which is how “Coma Boy” emerged as a potential film. The producer then tapped CAA client Barker to put the idea to paper. Dey works in CAA’s mailroom.
Plot details are being kept under wraps.
Universal’s Holly Bario will oversee “Coma Boy” for the studio. Imagine’s David Bernardi and Chris Wade are shepherding the project for the shingle.
Barker also penned the Sandra Bullock starrer “All About Steve,” which is in preproduction at Fox 2000. She additionally is repped by Underground Films and Management and attorney David Fox.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day