- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Avery Lipman has been named co-president of Universal Republic Records. Lipman, who was senior vp of the label, will report to Mel Lewinter, chairman of Universal Motown Republic Group, and will continue to be based in New York.
Lipman will serve alongside his brother, Monte Lipman, president and CEO of Universal Republic, and will oversee the management and creative operations of the label.
“(Avery’s) rare combination of leadership, creative sensibility and business acumen have been instrumental in helping Universal Republic achieve the success it has in such a short period of time,” Lewinter said.
Universal Republic is home to such artists as Amy Winehouse, Jack Johnson, Colbie Caillat, Hinder, Mika, Damian Marley, Godsmack, 3 Doors Down and India Arie.
Chris M. Walsh is news editor at Billboard.biz.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Sirius XM Radio
Warner Bros. Discovery
Film and TV Tax Credits