- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Unified Pictures is set to produce the modern-day Capra-esque tale “55 Holly Star.” Michael A. Nickles, who penned the script, will direct.
The story centers on a down-on-his-luck man who, in a desperate search to decipher the dying words of his grandfather, turns his life upside down.
Production is scheduled to begin next year, with Unified founder Keith Kjarval producing.
“This is a story that has excited us for some time with its unique and fresh slant on a familiar romantic theme,” Kjarval said.
The company, which recently completed principal photography on the Rachael Leigh Cook romantic comedy “Bob Funk,” also is producing the CG-animated “Noah’s Ark,” written by Philip LaZebnik (“The Prince of Egypt,” “Pocahontas”) and the psychological thriller “Beneath the Shadows.”
Unified is in postproduction on the revenge action/drama “The Perfect Sleep” and the psychological thriller “XII.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day