- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ben Braun, former senior vp strategic planning at Universal Pictures, has been tapped to be the new CFO of Universal brand development.
In his new role, which will begin in November, Braun will be responsible for managing the financial planning and analytics team, as well as business development. Prior to his time at Universal, Braun was head of business and corporate development at DreamWorks Animation. He also spent nine years as an investment banker at Morgan Stanley.
Another addition to the brand development team is Santiago Capdepont, who has been named to the newly created role of senior vp, head of operations.
The branding team is responsible for expanding Universal properties — from across Universal Pictures, Illumination Animation, DreamWorks Animation and NBCUniversal — beyond the big screen into consumer products, digital content, games, live events and more.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day