- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jessica Schell, who has been at NBCUniversal for the past nine years, has been appointed executive vp and general manager, film, for Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, it was announced Thursday.
She will have worldwide responsibility for sales, marketing, distribution, finance and administration for the studio’s home entertainment releases, and will be involved with releases of both new theatrical pictures and movies in the studio catalog.
Warner Home Video recently restricted to combine the new and library product under one umbrella.
Jim Wuthrich, president, Americas, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, to whom Schell reports, said she has “a strong background in new media and digital entertainment, which will be crucial to her new role as our industry focuses on transitioning consumers to digital media usage and ownership.”
At NBCU she most recently was executive vp worldwide new media and digital entertainment. Before being promoted in 2011, Schell was executive vp business development and strategic planning, among other positions.
Before NBCU Schell worked at Allen & Company and Disney. She attended Harvard and has an MBA from the Harvard Business School.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day