- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK – Spanish-language media giant Univision Communications has completed its upfront advertising sales with a total haul of $1.7 billion-$1.8 billion, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The comparable year-ago figure wasn’t immediately available. The company’s TV networks include the Univision and TeleFutura broadcast networks, but also cable channel Galavision.
“We’ve hit a new benchmark in terms of dollar volume for sure,” David Lawenda, president of advertising sales and marketing at Univision, told the New York Times. “This is the biggest upfront we’ve had in the company’s history.”
Univision has brought on an additional 40 advertisers since its upfront presentation in May, he said.
“The groundswell of the census is really creating more demand than ever for Univision and all of our properties,” Lawenda had told The Hollywood Reporter earlier this year.
Univision recently promoted Randy Falco to the post of president and CEO.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day