- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON — Universal Pictures International, the studio’s overseas releasing arm, is ramping up its French operations with a series of key hires for its newly launched Paris-based arm.
UPI France managing director Stephane Huard said Thursday that Jean-Michel Lorenzi has joined the French outpost as sales director, while Stephane Rethore has come aboard as marketing director and Myriam Peyre has been named technical director.
The trio will report to Huard and spearhead the campaigns for UPI’s slate of upcoming releases as well as those for its local-language productions.
The first release for the new-look operation will be “Mamma Mia!” which will open the Deauville Film Festival next week.
“These appointments represent a major step in creating and expanding Universal’s on-the-ground presence in France,” Huard said.
Huard reports to Duncan Clark, executive vp international distribution, and is responsible for the theatrical marketing and distribution strategies and activities for all theatrical titles under the Universal banner in France.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day