- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
SYDNEY – Country music star Keith Urban crashed his motorcycle while being followed by a photographer on the way to an Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) meeting in Sydney, local media reported on Tuesday.
Urban, who is married to Hollywood actress Nicole Kidman and who has battled substance abuse, was not injured in the accident on Monday, and signed photographs for fans who came to help, the Daily Telegraph newspaper reported.
“While out riding to an AA meeting, a time when my privacy is especially important to me, I felt myself being pursued,” Urban in a statement published in the newspaper.
“I sped up and in an effort to elude an oncoming car, which was making an illegal U-turn, saw no choice but to drop my bike,” Urban said.
“In actual fact, my pursuer came to my assistance, without taking photos, and helped me from the road. I returned home, got my car and continued on my way.”
Kidman, who is Australian, has previously had an apprehended violence order against Sydney paparazzi.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day