- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Usher is now being managed once again by his mother, Jonnetta Patton.
A short statement was just issued by his record label, LaFace/Zomba: “Usher has dissolved his management arrangement with Benny Medina and has re-engaged Jonnetta Patton as his manager.”
There’s more housecleaning going on as well. The singer and W&W Public Relations have decided to part ways. According to an inside source, it was a mutual decision and “both parties still feel the utmost respect for each other.” Among W&W’s other music clients are Janet Jackson, Alicia Keys, Patti LaBelle, Ludacris, Bow Wow and Jermaine Dupri.
Usher is currently on The Billboard 200 and the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums charts with “Here I Stand.” Comparing the first 10 weeks of sales for “Here I Stand” against the same period for Usher’s multi-platinum previous album, “Confessions,” the latter album was at 3.77 million, according to Nielsen SoundScan. “Here I Stand” presently stands at just shy of a million with 948,000 in sales. However, it’s the No. 8 best selling album of 2008 at this point.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Writers Guild of America