- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ATLANTA — Usher is a father.
The Grammy-winning R&B singer and his wife, Tameka Foster, welcomed a newborn, his publicist confirmed Tuesday, declining to say whether it was a boy or a girl. It’s the 28-year-old’s first child and Foster’s fourth.
“Yes, I can confirm that Usher had a baby,” Patti Webster told The Associated Press in an e-mailed message. It wasn’t clear what day the baby was born.
The couple wed in a large, glitzy ceremony in early September after exchanging vows a few weeks earlier in a civil ceremony. The singer and Foster, who is 37, had called off their July 28 wedding amid reports that Foster had checked into a hospital because of problems with her pregnancy.
A private ceremony was held Aug. 3 in the office of Usher’s lawyer. The couple announced their engagement earlier in the year and later said Foster was expecting the child.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day