- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The London-born actress played Chandra Kapoor, the defense attorney who develops a controversial relationship with her client Naz (Riz Ahmed) on HBO’s critically acclaimed limited series.
After graduating from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, Karan made her professional debut in Wes Anderson’s The Darjeeling Limited as the comely attendant who has a dalliance with Jason Schwartzman’s character. Her subsequent film credits include St. Trinian’s with Rupert Everett and Colin Firth, A Fantastic Fear of Everything with Simon Pegg and the Indian-British family comedy Jadoo with Sleepy Hollow‘s Tom Mison.
Karan currently is a regular on Stan Lee’s Lucky Man, the hit Sky TV series from the Marvel Comics mastermind. She also appeared on an episode of Doctor Who and co-starred on the BBC comedy series Ambassadors and ITV Studios’ Kidnap and Ransom.
On the stage, Karan has performed in the Royal Shakespeare Company productions of Much Ado About Nothing, The Taming of the Shrew and The Merchant of Venice.
Karan continues to be repped by United Agents in the U.K. and managed by Principal Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day