- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
MOSCOW — Universal Pictures International, the overseas releasing arm of Universal Studios, has upped Vadim Ivanov to general director of its Russia operations.
Formerly UPI Russia’s commercial director, Ivanov replaces Yevgeni Beginin in the role, the company said Tuesday.
Prior to UPI, Ivanov spent several years with Gemini Film International, 20th Century Fox’s Russian distributor, first as marketing manager and later as deputy general director for marketing.
UPI president David Kosse said that he hopes that the promotion will help the operation grow its presence in Russia.
Beginin is leaving the operation “to pursue other interests within the Russian film industry,” UPI said in a statement. The Russian business newspaper RBC Daily reported that he had received an attractive offer and left UPI by mutual consent.
Ivanov will report to London-based Duncan Clark, executive vp international distribution, and on a daily basis to Niels Swinkels, vp sales and distribution for Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day