- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Canadian actress Laura Vandervoort has landed the coveted role of Kara/Supergirl on the CW’s “Smallville,” and Katie Cassidy has been added to “Smallville’s” companion series, “Supernatural.”
Kara/Supergirl (Vandervoort) will have a major presence on “Smallville” in the coming season. The character will be introduced in the show’s seventh-season premiere.
Cassidy’s character Ruby also will make first appearance on “Supernatural’s” third season premiere. Ruby is a fellow demon hunter that Sam and Dean Winchester (Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles) meet when they begin searching for the masses of demons who escaped from hell in the Season 2 finale.
Vandervoort is repped by Noble Caplan Abrams in Toronto and Anthem Entertainment.
Cassidy, daughter of ’70s pop star David Cassidy, has appeared in such features as “Click,” “When a Stranger Calls” and “Black Christmas.” She also has been signed to play Lucy Ewing in the upcoming big-screen adaptation of the hit TV series “Dallas.” On TV, she had a recurring role on “7th Heaven.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day