- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mark Endemano, head of international TV and digital sales for Disney, has left the company amid a major restructuring at the studio ahead of its bid for 21st Century Fox assets.
Endemano, a longtime Disney executive and a key figure on the international television scene, was only just promoted in October to senior vp, media distribution, Walt Disney International, overseeing all international sales outside of North America for Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm movies, ABC Studios and the Disney channels.
He was previously senior vp and general manager for The Walt Disney Company in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Endemano’s exit comes as Disney closes in on 21st Century Fox. The studio recently upped its bid for parts of Fox’s media empire as it tries to outmaneuver competitor Comcast, which is also vying for Fox. Disney and Fox have considerable overlap on the international distribution side and the merger, if successful, is expected to lead to job losses in both companies.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day