- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Longtime UTA talent agents Ruthanne Secunda and Nancy Gates have been promoted to the newly crated positions of co-heads of television talent.
They will oversee day-to-day operations of UTA’s TV talent division, which has more than 100 actors working on broadcast and cable and will continue to operate as part of the agency’s talent department.
“Ruthanne and Nancy are respected throughout the industry for their outstanding taste in both talent and material and their ability to propel artists to the tops of their craft,” talent department co-head and board member Tracey Jacobs said.
Secunda began her agent career at Abrams Artists, where she launched and ran the agency’s comedy division. After a brief stint as a talent manager at 3 Arts Entertainment, she joined UTA in 1996 as a TV talent agent.
Gates began her entertainment career in 1996 in UTA’s agent training program. She earned her agent stripes two years later.
UTA’s roster of TV talent includes William Petersen, Patrick Dempsey, Jimmy Smits, Kate Walsh, Anna Friel, Zach Quinto and Sarah Chalke. (partialdiff)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day