- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
VH1 is renewing its horror-themed reality series “Scream Queens” for a second season, with the winner landing a role in the next “Saw” film.
“Scream Queens 2” has 10 aspiring actresses competing to win a role in “Saw 3D,” the next movie in Lionsgate’s horror franchise.
Season one’s winner was featured in “Saw VI.” The reality sequel is slated to return next year with actress Jamie King serving as host and judge along with director Tim Sullivan and acting coach John Homa.
“Real opportunities to break into feature films are rare in acting competitions and it’s great to be able to deliver on that promise,” said Kevin Beggs, Lionsgate’s president of TV programming and production. “We’ve enjoyed a terrific collaboration with VH1 on ‘Scream Queens,’ and look forward to building on the success of the series with even more exciting challenges in Season 2.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day