- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Vice is growing its video network aimed at young men with the launch of Vice Sports, the New York media company announced during the Digital Content NewFronts.
The channel will debut in June with premium video devoted to telling stories outside of the arena and looking at great sports moments. Vice World of Sports, one of the first series on the channel, will explore the culture of sports around the world.
Vice, which began as a magazine but has expanded into an international news organization with several online video channels, previewed several other shows, including Toxic, a series for the Vice News channel that will explore how humans have trashed the Earth.
Other shows announced include discussion series Motherboard Roundtable for technology centric channel Motherboard, an unnamed show for music channel Noisey and a third season of chef Eddie Huang‘s Fresh Off the Boat for the newly created food-focused Munchies channel.
Vice CEO Shane Smith also announced on stage that the company’s HBO newsmagazine series has been picked up for a third season.
Vice — which took a $70 million investment from 21st Century Fox in 2013 in exchange for 5 percent of the company — will be featured in YouTube’s national marketing campaign showcasing some of the streaming video platform’s most successful creators. Smith appeared on stage during YouTube’s Brandcast event as part of the campaign.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day