- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mumbai-based Walt Disney Television India on Thursday announced the appointment of Antoine Villeneuve to the newly created position of senior vp and managing director. He will assume his new role June 1.
The announcement was made by Disney Channel Worldwide president Rich Ross, to whom Villeneuve will report, along with the managing director of the Walt Disney Co. in India, Rajat Jain.
Jain announced previously that he plans to leave the company. A search is currently under way for a replacement.
Villeneuve comes from France, where, for the past three years, he has been vp and managing director for Jetix France, part of Disney-owned Jetix Europe. Villeneuve’s position at Jetix France will be filled by current CFO Thierry Nicolas and Dominique Ducass, deputy managing director of Jetix operations in France.
Villeneuve will be responsible for overseeing Disney’s television channel operations across all platforms in India, including Disney Channel, Toon Disney/ Jetix and Indian kids’ channel Hungama TV.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day