- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Walt Disney Co. said Tuesday it has elected Maria Elena Lagomasino to be an 11th member of the conglomerate’s board of directors, which will soon consist of three women and eight men.
Lagomasino is CEO and managing partner of the financial advisory firm WE Family Offices and she will join Disney’s board as an independent director effective Dec. 1.
Prior to founding WE, Lagomasino was CEO of GenSpring Family Officers, a wealth management firm, and prior to that she was chairman and CEO of JP Morgan Private Bank.
Lagomasino also serves on the boards of Coca-Cola Co., Avon Products and the Americas Society.
“Lagomasino is a respected leader in the finance and investment field and also has a wealth of experience with, and keen understanding of, global consumer brands,” said Disney CEO Robert Iger.
Disney’s board also includes Iger, Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg, former Starbucks CEO Orin Smith, former Seagram Co. CFO Robert Matschullat, chair of the board of U.S. Hispanic Media Monica Lozano, CEO of Potbelly Sandwich Works Aylwin Lewis, Estee Lauder chairman of global affairs Fred Langhammer, former Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, Blackberry CEO John Chen and operating executive of the Carlyle Group Susan Arnold.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day