- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Paramount Vantage has launched an international sales division and has tapped Alex Walton as its vp.
The specialty label will launch the sales operation this month at the Festival de Cannes. Paramount Vantage will continue to distribute most of its international releases through Paramount Pictures International, but the move will help it diversify its channels of distribution within the international marketplace.
Walton will oversee international sales for the specialty label and report to Paramount Vantage co-president Nick Meyer.
Walton joins the new division from HanWay Films in the U.K. and will relocate to Los Angeles for his post. As director of international sales at HanWay, he was responsible for handling the sales of such films as “Match Point,” “Fast Food Nation” and “The Squid and the Whale.”
Meyer praised Walton and expects him to bring “a valuable new resource to the team, with a unique knowledge of the international sales arena.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day