- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The futuristic sci-fi drama will debut on Netflix Canada on March 20, within 24 hours of the mid-season series premiere on the CW network stateside.
Warner Bros. has gone with Netflix Canada, rather than a local broadcaster, to find a Canadian home for the CW series.
“We are pleased to have Netflix as the Canadian home for this series,” said Jeffrey R. Schlesinger, president of Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Distribution, in a statement on Wednesday.
“The 100 is a terrific series, and we believe Netflix will provide a great platform, allowing fans to start from the beginning at the time of their choosing,” he added.
Set 97 years after a nuclear war has destroyed civilization, a spaceship called the Ark, housing the lone human survivors, sends 100 juvenile delinquents back to Earth to investigate the possibility of re-colonizing the planet.
The 100 is based on Little, Brown’s The Hundred book series by Kass Morgan.
The series stars Eliza Taylor, Paige Turco, Thomas McDonell, Marie Avgeropoulos and Bob Morley.
Elizabeth Craft, Sarah Fain, Jason Rothenberg, Leslie Morgenstein and Gina Girolamo are executive producing.
The 100 is produced by Bonanza Productions, in association with Alloy Entertainment, Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day