- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Godzilla fans will have to wait a little longer to see the long-awaited sequel to Gareth Edwards’ 2014 hit monster movie.
Warner Bros. has pushed back Godzilla 2 from June 8, 2018, to a new date of March 22, 2019. The studio also has earmarked May 29, 2020, for the sure-to-be epic Godzilla vs. Kong.
Brit director Edwards is set to return to helm Godzilla 2, which will be the third film in the Godzilla-Kong cinematic universe. Kong: Skull Island, starring Tom Hiddleston and Brie Larson, will be the second movie, with Godzilla vs. Kong wrapping things up in an almighty showdown.
Kong: Skull Island is set to hit theaters March 10, 2017.
Elsewhere, Warners has penciled in Dec. 25, 2018, for an as-yet untitled event film and shifted the unnamed DC movie initially set for June 19, 2020, rumored to be a reboot of Green Lantern, to July 24 of the same year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day