- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Schweiger plans to begin shooting Kokowaah 2 this fall for a February 2013 release. The original film, also co-produced by Warner and Schweiger’s Barefoot Films shingle, was the most successful German film of 2011, earning nearly $40 million (€30.3 million) at the local box office. The sequel will again star Schweiger and his daughter Emma Tiger.
The inexhaustible multi-hyphanate is currently working on The Guardian, a thriller he also co-wrote and co-stars in along with another daughter, Luna Schweiger, and Moritz Bleibtreu (360). Schweiger is also planning a third entry in his Rabbit Without Ears rom com franchise.
Internationally, Schweiger was last seen in Garry Marshall’s ensemble comedy New Year’s Eve and co-stars in Hany Abu-Assad’s still-to-be-released crime thriller The Courier alongside Mickey Rourke and Jeffrey Dean Morgan.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day