- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Wayne McClammy, best known for directing the Sarah Silverman and Jimmy Kimmel viral videos “I’m F**king Matt Damon” and “I’m F**king Ben Affleck,” respectively, is in negotiations to helm Universal’s comedy “Desperados.”
The project is being developed as a potential star vehicle for Isla Fisher. Production is expected to begin by year’s end.
Written by Ellen Rapoport, “Desperados” is described as a female-oriented “The Hangover.”
The story is about a woman who sends an indignant email to her new beau, who has gone silent after they have sex, only to discover he’s comatose in a Mexican hospital. Panicking, she races south of the border with her friends in tow to intercept the email before he recovers.
Mark Gordon and Jason Blum are producing. Universal executive vp production Tracy Falco and director of development Maradith Frenkel will oversee the project. Shara Senderoff and Allyson Seeger are supervising for the Mark Gordon Co.
McClammy is repped by Paradigm and Beth Stine of Rain Management Group.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day